1-2 tsp coconut oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tbsp *sweet curry powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1⁄2 tsp turmeric
2 cups lacinato kale, chopped
2 cups sweet potato greens or spinach
2 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into small 1/2″ pieces
1 whole head of cauliflower
1 can of organic no salt added tomatoes
2 cups vegetable stock or water
Salt and Pepper to taste
*This is not your average curry powder! It is from Penzey’s Spices in Santa Monica, try it!
Craving other veggies? Try adding them in!
This recipe would go great with:
1. In a sauté pan, heat the oil until moderately
hot. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the garlic, sweet curry powder,
chili powder, and turmeric to the pan. Continue to
cook for 2 minutes.
2. Pour in the tomatoes and allow it to heat through.
3. Add the potatoes,
cauliflower, greens and vegetable
stock or water to the pot.
4. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes. Cover and lower it to medium low for about another 8-10 minutes.
5. It will be ready when your potatoes and cauliflower are both soft and cooked through and you have reached a thicker consistency with the “stew” portion.
6. Add any last touches of seasoning and enjoy!