Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
If you forgot to wear green today, just make sure you eat you greens! It’ll make up for it, promise.
Has anyone ever tried the Moroccan Mint Latte from Urth Caffe? Well, if you’re in an area near one of their locations, please get your booty over to try one.
I swear it tastes just like mint ice cream (minus the chocolate), and I’m talking the non vegan full fat dairy kind. That used to be my favorite ice cream growing up as a kid, and was one of the things I always wished to veganize when initially changing my lifestyle.
This this pudding was inspired by the Moroccan Mint Latte from Urth Caffe + the ice cream. I cannot say that this recipe tastes like the ice cream, so please don’t expect it to, but it’s flavor is definitely reminiscent of it. Try adding cacao nibs to make it mint chocolate chip, yummy!
Mint Matcha Chia Pudding (GF)
- 2 cups non dairy milk (Optionally raw; I used almond and coconut)
- 2-3 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 4 mint leaves (adjust to taste)
- A handful of kale, destemmed
- 5.5 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings of choice (berries are great!)
- Blend your non dairy milk, dates, vanilla, mint leaves, kale and matcha together until smooth.
- Pour into a 32 oz mason jar, and add the chia seeds. shake vigorously to combine.
- Shake every fifteen minutes for the next hour, then stick your mixture in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge, and give it a shake or stir.
- Pour it into a bowl or cup, add your toppings of choice, and enjoy!